The MAEA Board of Directors recently updated our goals for 2022-2023. Read more about them below and learn how to get involved!
MAEA Goals – January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2023
- Increase membership with specific emphasis on the Cape/Islands & Central/Western Massachusetts and specific special interest groups (community arts, preservice educators, early childhood, etc.). (Board)
- Develop new PD offerings to help increase enrollments in PD and work to build partnerships for community sites for face to face PD. (PD & Board)
- Provide membership ways to connect with one another (Board, Conference & PR Committees)
- Implement the prioritized ED&I Task Force recommendations (ED&I Committee, Board)
- Complete Policy Manual draft by February 2023 (ECommittee & Board)
- Create/review policy manuals for all committees and finance.
- Review MAEA documents to ensure we have a conflict of interest policy; document retention and destruction policy; whistle blower policy.
- Review Finance policies to confirm we have checks and balances.
- Create process for onboarding new board members with a mentorship period where the outgoing board member would be able to support. Including video tutorials for certain logistics.
- Review and possibly revise terms for board positions to provide opportunity for overlap.
- Develop at least one MAEA sponsored scholarship/grant opportunity (ECommittee, Board).
- Consider new board positions, which may include regional reps, social media manager, PR committee chair (ECommittee, Board)
Approved by the MAEA Board of Directors April 2022