Planning is currently underway to bring back the annual in person MAEA conference. The conference committee is currently working on finalizing details for a one day conference, hosted at the Worcester Art Museum and the Worcester Center for Craft in Worcester, MA on November 13, 2022.
Call for session proposals
We are looking for a variety of sessions for our 1 day conference held in Worcester, MA on November 13, 2022. Please consider submitting a proposal for a Best Practice Lecture, Demonstration, Research Lecture, Interactive Discussion, Studio Workshop, or other type of session offering not listed here. All presenters selected to present at the 2022 MAEA conference will receive complimentary tickets to attend the conference. We encourage new presenters! The deadline for session proposals is July 31, 2022. More presenter information can be found on the session proposal form, linked here.
- Best Practice Lecture – Presentation of exemplary lessons, instructional practices, programs, and/or initiatives followed by Q&A.
- Demonstration – Presenter demonstration of an artistic technique, arts-based method, or pedagogical approach.
- Research Lecture – Presentation of academic papers and/or discussion of research.
- Interactive Discussion – Participatory discussion about art education issues/topics among presenter and attendees.
- Studio Workshop – Studio art-making session. This could be asynchronous or synchronous.
Call for Designer
Thank you to everyone who submitted their interest in being the designer for the 2022 conference. The conference committee will follow up with everyone who submitted by June 8, 2022.
Have ideas for the 2022 Conference?
If you have ideas you would like the conference committee to consider, or if you would like to join the 2022 MAEA Conference Committee, please contact Lydia Gruner at firstname.lastname@example.org.