The International Fiber Collaborative has two local exhibit opportunities. IFC will ship canvases to those who sign up. Contact them directly here or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Springfield Armory National Historic Site, MA, Exhibit 5
May 1 – June 30, 2023
Theme: What does “progress” mean to you?
At Springfield Armory National Historic Site, we often think of “progress” in the terms of technological innovation, craft production to interchangeability, iron to steel, and water power to electricity.
Postmark Due Date: Friday, March 17, 2023
Past exhibits: Exhibit 4, Exhibit 3
Salem Maritime National Historic Site, MA, Exhibit 5
July 1 – August 31, 2023
Theme: Commemoration of America 250 – the Revolutionary War, Read More
Postmark Due Date: Friday, May 19, 2023
Past exhibits: Exhibit 2, Exhibit 3
The 2021–2022 Reflections theme is Show Your Voice!
Students submit their completed works of art in one or all of the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts.
Students participate in the appropriate division for their grade: Primary (Pre-K – Grade 2), Intermediate (Grades 3-5), Middle School (Grades 6-8), High School (Grades 9-12), Special Artist (All grades welcome). Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division or grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities.*
Submission Deadline: February 1, 2023
The annual Ocean Awareness Contest is a platform for young people to learn about environmental issues through art-making and creative communication, and become advocates for positive change.
Students are invited to create Visual Art (any medium), Creative Writing, Film, Interactive & Multimedia, Performing Arts: Music & Dance, and Poetry & Spoken Word that explores their connection to water and creatively communicates the need to protect this vital resource and life-sustaining relationship.
- Open to middle and high school students ages 11-18 worldwide
- Students can submit as individuals or as a class/group/club
- Hundreds of cash awards available, ranging from $50 to $1,500, as well as special opportunities for exhibiting, publishing, and participation in international environmental campaigns
Submission Deadline: June 13, 2023
- Bay State Award: All participants who reside in Massachusetts will be automatically considered for the Bay State Award. Winners will each receive a $250 cash award.
- Hometown Award: Students must be residents of Boston to be considered for this award. Eligible participants must demonstrate financial need. Winners will each receive a $250 cash award.
- South Coast, Cape & Islands Award: Students must be residents of the South Coast, Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, or Nantucket to be considered for this award. Winners will each receive a $250 cash award.