Here is your chance to make sure your colleagues get the recognition they deserve. We need nominations for the following awards:
- MASSACHUSETTS ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- EXCEPTIONAL NEW ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- HIGHER EDUCATION PRESERVICE ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- EARLY CHILDHOOD ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- ELEMENTARY ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- MIDDLE LEVEL ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- SECONDARY ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- HIGHER EDUCATION ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- MUSEUM EDUCATION ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- SUPERVISION/ADMINISTRATION ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- COMMUNITY ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- RETIRED ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- SPECIAL NEEDS ART EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- RISING STAR SECONDARY STUDENT
- DISTINGUISHED SERVICE OUTSIDE THE PROFESSION AWARD
- DISTINGUISHED SERVICE WITHIN THE PROFESSION AWARD
Nominees must meet all specific eligibility requirements of intended award, as stated in the award description. The nominee must be an active MAEA member who spends at least 51% of their working day in the job division. For example, educators who work primarily as administrators or supervisors are not eligible to receive the Elementary Art Educator of the Year award, even if that is the level administered or supervised.
Exceptions to 51% job division: Community Art Educator and Special Needs Art Educator.
Exceptions to MAEA membership: Distinguished Service Outside the Profession Award and Rising Star Secondary Student Recognition Award.
Members of the MAEA Board of Directors (elected or appointed) and MAEA Committee Chairs are ineligible to be nominated while in office. In the event that an nominee joins the MAEA Board of Directors between the close of award nominations in June and when awards are reviewed in August they will still eligible for an award.
Deadline Extended – All nominations are due by June 23, 2019.
MAEA will honor awardees at our 2019 conference hosted at Montserrat College of Art in Beverly, MA.