The Massachusetts Art Education Association (MAEA) advances high quality visual arts education for ALL by empowering art educators to excel in the practice, instruction, promotion, and celebration of visual art.
Not sure who to email from our Board contacts page, you can send general emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also would like to be able to share your important Art Education related news. Have you recently won an award, published an article, held a solo show? Do you have sad news to share about a colleague or teacher who has passed away? Please share your information here. If you have difficulty submitting information with this form, please share your news with email@example.com and include in the subject line Important News.
Current work underway:
- Developed and published the MAEA Guidelines For Visual Art Education in Response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Continuing our professional development offerings. This summer we put together two offerings and are planning more for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year.
- Completed our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Task Force work, which culminated with the election of our first ED&I Director-Elect, Emily Moran and our ED&I Task Force Recommendations.
- Planning is underway for the 2021 MAEA Conference, Rebirth.Renew.Reinvigorate, which will be virtual. Learn more here.
- Continuing to plan additional Art Education Zoom series sessions. Learn more here.
- Hosted virtual exhibits for Youth Art Month and MAEA Recognitions exhibit. Be sure to visit both exhibits to see the webinar that was held in April, 2021.
- Continuing to look for art educators to join committees and fill open board positions.
MAEA liaises with the following organizations:
- Art All-State Massachusetts
- Berkshire County Arts Educators Professional Learning Network
- Cape Cod Art Education Association
- Institute of Contemporary Art – ICA
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Massachusetts Artists Leaders Coalition – MALC
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts – MCLA
- Massachusetts Cultural Council
- Massachusetts Department of Education
- Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art – MASS MoCA
- Museum of Fine Arts – MFA
- New Bedford Art Museum/Artworks!
- North Shore Art Teachers Association
- University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Worcester Art Museum
- VSA Massachusetts