The mission of the Massachusetts Art Education Association (MAEA) is to advance high-quality visual arts education throughout the state by empowering art educators to excel in the practice, instruction, promotion, and celebration of visual art.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Board of Directors page for detailed contact information.
Current work underway:
- Update the MAEA Constitution. Approval happened January 2020.
- The Conference Committee is working on locations for the 2020, 2021, and 2022 conference, which is held annually in November.
- Working on ways to reach our membership from Western to Eastern MA
- Developing professional development opportunities outside of conference.
- Continuing our work on Equity, Diversity, Inclusion.
- Policy manual development and implementation.
MAEA liaises with the following organizations:
- Art All-State Massachusetts
- Berkshire County Arts Educators Professional Learning Network
- Cape Cod Art Education Association
- Institute of Contemporary Art – ICA
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Massachusetts Artists Leaders Coalition – MALC
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts – MCLA
- Massachusetts Cultural Council
- Massachusetts Department of Education
- Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art – MASS MoCA
- Museum of Fine Arts – MFA
- New Bedford Art Museum/Artworks!
- North Shore Art Teachers Association
- University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Worcester Art Museum
- VSA Massachusetts