- Massachusetts DESE aMAzing Educators – Finding a Job
- Massachusetts Teachers Association
- Massachusetts Association of School Superintendents
- School Spring
- MAAPS | Massachusetts Association of 766 Approved Private Schools
- AISNE | Association of Independent Schools in New England
- NAIS | National Association of Independent Schools
- Carney, Sandoe, and Associates, Private School Placement Agency
ART TEACHER FOR ELEMENTARY GRADES (EARLY CHILDHOOD – GRADE SIX)
The Advent School, located in the Beacon Hill neighborhood in downtown Boston, is looking for experienced, collaborative part time elementary (Early Childhood– Grade 6) art teacher who bring intelligence, creativity and knowledge of the teaching of art to the school community.
Art teachers at Advent teach in both the art studio and within an integrated arts framework, in which they collaborated with the classroom teachers and other specialists. Advent takes pride in its thematic curriculum, an integrated course of study based on the School’s mission of social justice and environmental sustainability. Art teachers design their curricula interweaving the creative art process with grade level themes and contemporary world issues. Applicants must be adept at generating original learning experiences and have strong oral and writing skills. They must be comfortable communicating with parents within a family-oriented school community.
- B.A. in Art Education or similar, required
- 2+ years of independent/public school teaching or related experience.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience collaborating and creating an art curriculum that supports a thematic curriculum in the grade level classroom.
Our new Art teacher should be:
- Lifelong learners
- Advocates for anti-bias teaching, both for children and adults
- Enthusiastic, caring practitioners who believe that their students are able to change the world
- Strong writers, comfortable communicating with families and colleagues
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please include your connection to the mission of The Advent School.