Currently true for most activities, COVID-19 has required the Youth Art Month Committee to reimagine MAEA’s Statewide YAM Exhibit for 2021. Because we feel that exhibiting student work is important, even in a pandemic, we were pleased that the responses to a survey we sent out this fall regarding a possible VIRTUAL exhibit indicated most of you feel the same way. We are therefore moving ahead with a virtual Statewide K-12 YAM exhibit.
- You will be using a Google Slides template that MAEA has created.
- You will have the ability to upload up to 6 works. They may be any combination of vertical, horizontal or square images.
- Photos of work in Google Slides should be no larger than 720×520 pixels.
- Learn how to resize your images here.
- Due to the pandemic’s effect on art instruction, this year teachers may submit student artwork that was created between September 1, 2019 and January 22, 2021, provided it was not in the 2020 Statewide YAM Exhibit.
- Artwork should be original and be created by the student. It must not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any other individual or entity.
- The Massachusetts Art Education Association maintains the right to determine which works of art are appropriate for this exhibit. Any subject matter that is highly controversial, items, symbols, or themes that may represent racism, prejudice, profanity, or of a violent or lewd nature are not appropriate for this exhibit.
- There is no limit to the physical size of the work this year.
- Once you have registered, you will receive the Google Slides templates and be able to upload your students’ artwork. The deadline to submit your slides is February 15, 2021.
- All Massachusetts art teachers who register may submit up to six student works.
- MAEA members may register free of charge.
- Non Members are asked to pay a Teacher Registration Fee of $7
- This is NOT $7 per work. Due to COVID, we have reduced this fee from the $15 previously charged.
- We accept payment through Paypal, by Check, or Purchase Order. More details about processing payment can be found in the registration form.
- Not currently a member? Learn more about joining MAEA here.
- Registration closes January 22, 2021.
- Click here for the TEACHER REGISTRATION.
Permission to exhibit work
- It will be the teacher’s responsibility to obtain parental or guardian permission to put their student’s work and information online.
- You should you obtain permission before you submit your images
- How you obtain permission is up to you, but here is Sample Student Release Form you can copy and edit.
Dates to remember
- Now – January 22, 2021 – TEACHER REGISTRATION is open.
- December 21, 2020 – The tutorial video and all other information will be available here.
- February 15, 2021 – Deadline to submit completed Google Slides.
- February 16, 2021 – March 14, 2021 – YAM Committee will organize the slides and create the virtual exhibit
- March 15, 2021 – MAEA’s Statewide K-12 YAM Virtual Exhibit will open