MAEA is sponsoring a juried art exhibit for high school students, grades 9 – 12, open to MAEA members only. Entries reflect original artwork from students in public and private schools. The exhibition will coincide with the Youth Art Month exhibit at the Massachusetts Transportation Building. The exhibit is open to the public weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., February 10 – March 26, 2020. The exhibit is closed weekends and on Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 17, 2020. Entrance to the exhibit is free. Parking is available at the building for a fee.
Congratulations to all the artists who were accepted into this exhibit and to the award winners! View the web gallery for the exhibit here.
Please join us for a Family Celebration at the State Transportation Building, 10 Park Plaza, Boston Sunday, March 1, 2020 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. The Youth Art Month Ceremony will be held at 12:30 p.m and the MAEA Recognitions Ceremony will be held at 2:00 p.m. RSVP today!
- Davis Publications Award – $500 – Jackie Liu, Weston HS
- Sargent Art Excellence Award – $250 in Sargent art supplies and $500 in Sargent art supplies to the student’s art teacher – Jordane Taylor, Norwood HS
- Virginia M. Diani-Adams Award – $250 – Emma Hsiao, Weston HS
- Hat Sister Award – $250 – Isabella DiPasquale, Manchester Essex Regional HS
- MAEA Art Educator Awards – Four $50 awards
- Katherine Graham, Woburn Memorial HS
- Drew Conrad, Franklin HS
- Benjamin Quigley, Swampscott HS
- Hollis Howard, Swampscott HS
- Davis Publications Media Category Awards – $25 each media
- Ceramics – Hailey Donahue, Franklin HS
- Digital/Graphic – Daniel Brown, Weston HS
- Drawing – Shirui Wang, Weston HS
- Mixed Media – Lauren Taylor, Millis HS
- Painting – Fiona Marques, Fairhaven HS
- Photography – Julia Zheku, Woburn Memorial HS
- Printmaking – Brianna Waggett, Falmouth HS
- Sculpture – Kaitlyn Carrara, Braintree HS
February 10 – March 26, 2020. The exhibit is open weekdays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. except Presidents’ Day.
Sunday March 1, 2020 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday March 1, 2020 2:00 p.m.