Registration closed December 13, 2019.
MAEA is sponsoring a juried art exhibit for high school students, grades 9 – 12, open to MAEA members only. Entries reflect original artwork from students in public and private schools. The exhibition will coincide with the Youth Art Month exhibit at the Massachusetts Transportation Building with an awards ceremony on March 1, 2020.
Thank you to all the teachers and students who created and submitted work to the exhibit. Notification emails regarding acceptance status was sent through ArtCall on December 30.
Teachers, please review the exhibition documents in the sidebar for more information regarding preparing work, as well as the required forms that should be included with all accepted work when delivered to a drop-off location. Exact details regarding drop-off locations will be updated soon.
- Open to grade 9-12 students of Massachusetts Art Education Association members only
- Five student entries per teacher; one artwork entry per student; individual student work only; collaborative pieces will not be accepted
- $5 entry fee per artwork (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for financial hardship fee waiver requests)
- Each student is required to submit an artist statement to accompany their artwork (400 character maximum)
- Size limits: 2D Work – 24” x 36” including mat/mount; 3D Work – weight limit 25 lbs. height limit 36”
- Registration is open November 13 – December 13, 2019; deadline is 11:59 pm on December 13.
- All artwork must be original and created by the student. It must not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any other individual or entity.
Note: The Transportation Building is a public, government building. Please be aware work that is inappropriate for such a venue (nudity, violence, etc.) cannot be accepted.
Payment via Check or Purchase order
If you need to process the submission fees via a Check or Purchase Order through your district, please contact Diana Woodruff at email@example.com and Helen Downey at firstname.lastname@example.org to process that request. A Promo Code will be shared with you to complete your submissions through ArtCall. A W9 can be downloaded here.
- Davis Publications Award – $500
- Virginia M. Diani-Adams Award – $250
- Hat Sister Award – $200
- Sargent Art Excellence Award – An assortment of art supplies of the student’s choice worth $250, retail value. Classroom art supplies worth $500, retail value will also be awarded to the teacher.
- Davis Publications Media Category Awards – $25 each media category
February 10 – March 26, 2020
Family CelEbration/Awards Ceremony
March 1, 2020 – Keynote Speaker: Dr. James Welu, Director Emeritus, Worcester Art Museum