Make sure you are a part of our 2019 statewide Youth Art Month exhibit, where we will honor Massachusetts artists in grades k-12 and celebrate quality art education at the State Transportation Building in Boston.
- Museum Education Division Director
- Awards Committee Chair
- Conference Committee Chair
- Publications Editor
In addition to the MAEA statewide YAM exhibit to be held at the Transportation Building in Boston, Youth Art Month will be celebrated at a number of regional locations across the state.
Registration is now open for the Youth Art Month exhibit at the Worcester Art Museum and closes February 1, 2019. This regional exhibit is organized by a committee of teachers in conjunction with the Worcester Art Museum, and is open to the districts in and around Worcester.
This year each teacher may submit up to 4 works at no cost, regardless of MAEA membership. All work meeting exhibit requirements will be accepted. Learn more.
The MAEA Awards Committee is currently accepting proposals from artists to design and create eleven art awards to be awarded to our 2019 MAEA award winners at the MAEA awards program at the NAEA National Convention in Boston. The stipend for this work is $550. Learn more.
- a short letter of intent
- three examples of past work
- a thumbnail or mockup of design proposal
- include the award winner name, award title, and award date
- be functional or nonfunctional (for example: a vase vs. a plaque)
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN
Submit your proposal (a short letter of intent, three examples of past work, and thumbnail/mockup) to Awards Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
December 22, 2018
Interested in sharing your educational space on the MAEA IG? MAEA is looking to share what you do! We currently are looking to fill week long slots for Instagram takeovers in January, April, May, and June. If you are interested in hosting a takeover email Melissa at email@example.com. Learn more.
- Celebrate the field of art education in some way.
- Include #NAEA19
- Be a maximum of two ink colors. If you use black or white it counts as one of your two colors.
- T-shirt fabric can be almost any color so consider that in your design.
- Design for front of t-shirt only.
- Design could highlight location of convention (Boston) but that is optional.
December 3, 2018