Hello friends and colleagues!
I’m reaching out to you today to introduce you to a new national campaign in support of arts education for all students. The Arts Are Education campaign addresses three timely concerns during the current season of budget creation in a most unusual time when Massachusetts schools are facing:
– Budget shortfalls due to state and local budget deficits caused by the pandemic recession.
– A focus on remediation for pandemic learning loss, potentially leading to limited access to arts education for students who are behind.
– A continued need for personal protective and sanitization equipment unique to the visual art classroom to mitigate viral spread.
Here‘s what you can do today:
- Go to the www.artsareeducation.org website:
- Speak with leaders in your school and district about the power of arts education.
- Share the campaign talking points and stories of how arts education has continued successfully throughout the pandemic and supported students’ well-being.
- Celebrate with other school communities that have embraced the Arts ARE Education campaign. Share your progress on the MAEA and Arts ARE Education websites, along with your district’s resolution.
- Share your posts with hashtag: #artsAREedMA #wickedsmARTed