Are you interested in becoming a Massachusetts DESE Arts Ambassador in your region?
The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) is recruiting arts education professionals to lead regional support of arts educators over the 2019-2020 school year as we transition to a new Arts Curriculum Framework.
The Role of Arts Education Ambassadors:
Arts Education Ambassadors have an exciting opportunity to work as a regional arts team, connect with other arts educators, develop workshop opportunities with supporting resources (that culminate in 10 PDPs total for participants), and serve as point people for each region of the state.
- A passion for curriculum development and professional learning.
- Experience leading groups of professional learners.
- Familiarity with the 2019 MA Arts Curriculum Framework, which aligns to the National Core Arts Standards.
- Knowledge of and experience in PK-12 schools.
- A teaching background in one or more of the arts disciplines: dance, media arts, music, theatre, and visual arts.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers with diverse views.
- Strong communication skills.
- A rating of Proficient or above on most recent evaluation (PK-12 practitioners).
Learn more and apply online – Application deadline August 16.