The Statewide Youth Art Month exhibit is virtual again this year. Teachers of artists in grades preK-12 are invited to participate in this year’s virtual Youth Art Month exhibit. MAEA Members of students in grades 9-12 may also exhibit work in the Massachusetts Amazing Emerging Artists Recognitions exhibit, which is a juried exhibit for students in grades 9-12. We are also excited to continue with the Youth Art Month Flag Contest. Learn more about all of these opportunities by following the links above!
Youth Art Month Flag Contest:
This year’s this theme for YAM and the Flag Contest this year is “DREAM IN ART”
- The flag contest is open to all students in grades K-12.
- Each teacher may submit up to 20 student entries.
- Grand Prize of $200 art supply gift card for winning student. PLUS $100 art supply gift card for your classroom. And to top it off, the grand prize work will be displayed at NAEA’s national convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota!
- In addition, $100 art supply gift cards will be awarded to one student winner in grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. PLUS an additional $100 art supply gift card for the winning students’ classrooms.
- Digital entries will be accepted December 4, 2023 – January 12, 2024.
- Click here for the Youth Art Month Flag Contest Submission Form.
Please note you must be signed into a Google Account to access this form due to the file upload settings. If you have trouble submitting the form at school please try at home. Your school/districts internet settings may see this form as an issue. If you try it at home and you still have trouble submitting this form, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Flag Contest Requirements:
- Represent the theme, “Dream in Art”
- Reflect age-appropriate skill and quality
- Reflect original ideas
- Be proportional to 3’ X 5’ (9” X 15” or 12” X 20” is suggested)
- Contain a reference to Massachusetts: the complete word; the abbreviation (MA); an image or outline of state.
- Use images about Massachusetts
- Use images about art
- Use images about the arts of/in Massachusetts
- Include the words Youth Art Month or the logo
- Be vertical or horizontal in format – please note, the winning flag will be hung vertically
Dates to Remember
- December 4, 2023 – January 12, 2024 – Digital Flag Contest Entries Accepted.
- April 4, 2024 – The Grand Prize Flag Design will be exhibited at the 2024 NAEA Convention in Minneapolis, MN.
Thank you to Blick Art Supplies for sponsoring the 2024 Youth Art Month Flag Contest.