The MAEA Watch Party Discussion Series are ten companion discussions to the monthly NAEA webinars, facilitated by MAEA leaders, members, and selected guests who bring their unique experiences to each month’s topic. Watching the NAEA webinars is not a prerequisite, however doing so will enhance attendees’ general knowledge of the topic. For the 2021 – 2022 Watch Party series, MAEA facilitators will engage participants in open conversation, share helpful resources, and promote a supportive space for all to join in. These discussions will relate back to the theme of the NAEA webinars, but will include stand alone content so that they are not exactly the same. For more details about our discussions please visit MAEA Watch Party Professional Development Series | 2021-22
Visit our Eventbrite page to register for all 10 Watch Party Discussions, or use the links below to navigate to individual Watch Party Discussion registration pages. MAEA Members pay just $5 to participate in each Watch Party! This fee helps us offer our facilitators a small honorarium.
Please note that registration for the MAEA Watch Party Discussion Series does not include automatic registration for the NAEA webinars. The NAEA webinars are a separate offering through the National Art Education Association. NAEA members may register for these webinars at no cost, but there is a fee for non-members. Visit virtual.arteducators.org/upcoming-opportunites for more information about the NAEA webinars or visit the link below for specific webinar information.
2021 – 2022 NAEA Webinars and MAEA Watch Party Discussions
Please remember that you need to register for each monthly NAEA webinar and MAEA Watch Party Discussion separately.
- Oct 6 NAEA Webinar: Not a Toolkit: Thinking With, Through, and Against Whiteness
- Register for the Oct 20 Watch Party Discussion: Facilitated by Emily Moran, MAEA EDI Director-Elect, and Jaimee Taborda, MAEA Secretary.
- Nov 3 NAEA Webinar: Organizing Student Art Exhibits for Maximum Success
- Register for the Nov 10 Watch Party Discussion: Facilitated by Helen Downey, MAEA Treasurer, and Patty Klibansky, MAEA Supervision/Administration Division Director.
- Dec 1 NAEA Webinar: Engage Your Students Through 3D Design
- Register for the Dec 8 Watch Party Discussion: Facilitated by Margaurita Spear, MAEA Professional Development Committee Chair.
- Jan 5 NAEA Webinar: SEL Practices: Self-Care for Your Students and YOU
- Register here for the Jan 12 Watch Party Discussion: Facilitated by Laura Evonne Steinman, MAEA Community Arts Representative.
- Feb 2 NAEA Webinar: Connecting With English Language Learners in the Visual Arts Classroom
- Register here for the Feb 9 Watch Party Discussion: Facilitated by Coni Moore, curriculum leader in SEI.
- Mar 16 NAEA Webinar: Community-Based Art Education: Making, Teaching, and Research With/in Community Settings
- Register here for the Mar 23 Watch Party Discussion: Facilitated by Laura Marotta, MAEA Past President and Director of Creative Hub Worcester.
- Apr 6 NAEA Webinar: Teaching Media Arts: Exploring New and Emerging Approaches
- Register here for the Apr 13 Watch Party Discussion: Facilitated by Alyssa Taranto, MAEA Media Arts Representative.
- May 4 NAEA Webinar: Empowering Students Through Project-Based Learning
- Register here for the May 11 Watch Party Discussion: Facilitated by Pete Curran, MAEA Professional Development Committee Member.
- Jun 1 NAEA Webinar: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Art Museums
- Register here for the Jun 8 Watch Party Discussion: Facilitated by Emily Scheinberg, Head of Educator & Professional Development at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston.
If you have questions, please contact Professional Development Committee Chair, Margaurita Spear at email@example.com.