MAEA is excited to announce a new professional development offering.
Collaborating on art curriculum will run June 21 – July 26, 2023
This 9-day course will focus on curriculum development through the use of informative presentations and collaborative peer groups.
Presented information will include resources for curriculum mapping, lesson planning, educational philosophies and implementation strategies. Through the sharing of resources and information, participants will be able to either revise their existing lessons or develop a new curriculum all together.
Peer groups will provide participants with the chance to obtain relevant feedback and constructive criticism as well as the space to share ideas and lessons to make the process of curating an art curriculum easier and more effective.
DATES: June 21, 26, 28, July 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26 6:00 – 8:00 pm
FACILITATORS: Margaurita Spear
SYLLABUS: View or download
MEETING DAYS AND TIMES:
Daily participation in both synchronous and asynchronous collaboration with other participants.
- June 21: 6:00pm – 8:00pm, goal setting & “Curriculum Mapping Strategies and Formats” presentation
- June 26: 6:00pm – 8:00pm, “Contemporary Approaches to Visual Arts Learning” presentation
- June 28: 6:00pm – 8:00pm, peer work day
- Independent Work Break – Jun 29 – Jul 9
- July 10: New Massachusetts Foundational Skills in the Visual Arts presentation
- July 12, 17, & 19: 6:00pm – 8:00pm, peer work days
- July 24: 6:00pm – 8:00pm, presentation day (please attend both days)
- July 26: 6:00pm – 8:00pm, presentation day (please attend both days) and wrap up
The biggest component of this course is collaboration within peer groups. Full participation in each day is required. During independent working time it is expected that you will work not just on your own, but in collaboration within your assigned small peer group. Information sharing and written feedback will be done primarily using online Padlets as a communication tool. Peer groups may also use Zoom breakout rooms for active discussion.
*Note: A more detailed daily schedule will be provided to registered participants before the first day.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS:
Participants will earn 25 PDPs after active participation in full group sessions and evidence-based collaboration in peer group sessions and presentations.