MAEA is excited to announce a new professional development offering.
Collaborating on art curriculum will run august 9 – 13, 2021
This five-day course will focus on curriculum development through the use of informative presentations and collaborative peer groups.
Presented information will include resources for curriculum mapping, lesson planning, educational philosophies and implementation strategies. Through the sharing of resources and information, participants will be able to either revise their existing lessons or develop a new curriculum all together.
Peer groups will provide participants with the chance to obtain relevant feedback and constructive criticism as well as the space to share ideas and lessons to make the process of curating an art curriculum easier and more effective.
DATES: August 9-13, 2021
FACILITATORS: Margaurita Spear
SYLLABUS: View or download
MEETING DAYS AND TIMES:
Daily participation in both synchronous and asynchronous collaboration with other participants.
- August 9: 9:00am – 3:00pm, begin the day on zoom with the group and end with independent work time.
- August 10: 9:00am – 3:00pm, office hours available on zoom during this independent peer group work day.
- August 11: 9:00am – 4:00pm, begin the day on zoom with the group and end with independent work time.
- August 12: 9:00am – 3:00pm, office hours available on zoom during this independent peer group work day.
- August 13: 9:00am – 2:00pm, remain on zoom for the day for final group presentations.
The biggest component of this course is collaboration within peer groups. Full participation in each day is required. During independent working time it is expected that you will work not just on your own, but in collaboration within your assigned small peer group. Information sharing and written feedback will be done primarily using online Padlets as a communication tool. Peer groups may also use Zoom breakout rooms for active discussion.
*Note: A more detailed daily schedule will be provided to registered participants before the first day.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS:
Participants will earn 25 PDPs after active participation in full group sessions and evidence-based collaboration in peer group sessions and presentations.