We want to share what you do! Through our Instagram Takeover we get to highlight art educators across the state in our monthly takeovers. We also run a special takeover during the month of March for Youth Art Month where we have four k-12 art educators takeover our Instagram for each week in March. If you are interested in hosting a takeover email email@example.com.
- Engage the MAEA community on instagram.
- Share what our members are doing across the state, grade levels, divisions, and interest groups.
Art Educators taking over MAEA account can:
- Create Instagram posts
- Post in Instagram Stories (optional)
- Go live with Instagram account (optional)
Takeover Length – Full Takeover 1 Week
- Instagram Posts – 1 week
- Post to MAEA IG Account at least once each day of takeover (M-F)
- Instagram Stories – 1 day (optional)
- Consider this a more informal way to share what is happening in your arts space.
- Instagram Live – 1 hour or less (optional)
- If you decide to go live, don’t forget to promote it! Canva is a nice app to use to create social media posts.
- On day 1 introduce yourself in your first post – Who you are, what grades you teach and where, or what your community arts organization does, and how long you’ve been teaching, and anything else you think is important.
- During the week share what your students are working on, what they’ve made, or even what you are working on.
- Remember to be cognizant of students privacy – please do not show faces, unless you have permission to do so.
- Post as little as 1 post a day, to multiple posts a day. Remember you can also post to IG stories or go live.
- During the week check in on comments and respond as necessary.
- Use #MAEAIGTakeOver with all your posts.