Active and retired MAEA Members are invited to submit their 2D artwork and small 3D work for the annual MAEA Members exhibit Continued Perspectives, at Montserrat College of Art in Beverly in conjunction with the 2019 MAEA conference New Perspectives in Art Education.
On view, Saturday November 9 – Monday November 11, 2019
Montserrat College of Art, Underground, 248 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915
Reception: Saturday, November 9, 2019 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Exhibiting artists, their families and friends, and conference attendees are invited to attend; light refreshments will be served.
Gallery Hours: Saturday November 9, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Sunday November 10, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Friday November 1, 2019 – please note drop-off dates start before registration closes. If you register on November 1 you should plan to deliver work directly to Montserrat College of Art sometime the following week, or mail it in to be delivered by Wednesday November 6. Registration form can be found here.
Artwork Drop-off/Delivery Details:
We are working on finalizing drop-off locations. The general date of drop-off options across the state will be Monday October 28 – Friday November 1. Please note you if you are able to deliver the work to Montserrat yourself, you can deliver it the following week by Thursday November 7. Details for drop-off locations can be found here.
To make delivery easier, please note artwork can be mailed directly to Montserrat College of Art. Work should be received by Wednesday November 6, 2019. Please include return postage if you ship your item or arrange for it to be delivered back to a drop-off location.
Montserrat College of Art Galleries
Attn: Members Exhibit
23 Essex Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- We will accept electronic submissions only.
- Complete the online registration form, including the proper label information for all the pieces you will be submitting.
- Each MAEA member may submit one large piece OR two smaller pieces.
- Small pieces are defined as anything 18” or smaller including frame.
- Large pieces are defined as anything larger than 18”, including frame. Large work should be no larger than 36” framed.
- This exhibit is only open to MAEA members. There is no submission fee.
- Include a signed Artwork Release form with artwork.
- We can accept 2D work, low relief sculptures which have been prepared to be hung on a wall, and small sculptures to be displayed on pedestals.
- We can only accept work that is smaller than 36” in either direction, including frame.
- Canvas pieces do not need to be framed, but should be professionally presented with a gallery wrap canvas.
- All 2D artwork or low relief sculptures must be prepared as ready to hang.
- Smaller work can be prepared with a picture hook on the back of the frame.
- Larger work should be prepared with picture hanging wire attached with hooks ⅓ of the way down from the top. The apex of the wire should come about 3” from top of frame.
- Loop the wire through the hooks and twist free end around several times.
- Please make sure artists name and title of the work are included on the back of each piece.
- The MAEA and Montserrat College of Art maintains the right not to exhibit work which is inappropriate for the venue.
- MAEA and Montserrat College of Art will not be insuring the exhibit. Individual artists should insure their own work if appropriate and deemed necessary.
We hope many members of MAEA will want to join us in this effort to showcase the visual artwork of educators from Massachusetts!
Not a member yet, but want to exhibit your work? Membership to the National Art Education Association includes a state membership to MAEA. Member benefits include discounted conference and convention tickets, free participation in many annual MAEA exhibition opportunities, free monthly NAEA webinars, free subscriptions to Art Education journal and NAEA News, complimentary ePortfolio provided by Digication, as well as many other benefits. For more information about joining the NAEA/MAEA, please visit: www.arteducators.org/promo/join
Show Set Up & Take Down – Volunteers Needed!
Set Up: Friday November 8
Take Down: Monday November 11, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Participants attending the conference are able to take their work from the exhibit at the close of the conference, November 10 starting at 4:30 p.m.
If you are interested in assisting the committee in installing or uninstalling the show please email email@example.com for more information.