MAEA is sponsoring a juried art exhibit for high school students, grades 9 – 12, open to MAEA members only. Entries reflect original artwork from students in public and private schools. The exhibition will coincide with the Youth Art Month exhibit at the Massachusetts Transportation Building with an awards ceremony on March 3, 2019.
Congratulations to all the artists who were accepted into this exhibit, and to the award winners!
- Sargent Art Excellence Award – $600 – Drew Conrad, Franklin HS
- Davis Publications Award – $500 – Ben Stanton, Pembroke HS
- Virginia M. Diani-Adams Award – $200 – Abbie Lyna, Innovation Academy Charter
- Hat Sister Award – $250 -Anika Reichelt, Wayland HS
- MAEA Art Educator Awards – Three $50 awards
- Tara Bilotta, Norwood HS
- Victoria Johnson, Falmouth HS
- Bec Patsenker, Wayland HS
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Scholarship – Three $1000 scholarships activated if student selected applies to UMass Dartmouth and enrolls in a CVPA major/program.
- Anastasia Baston, Dennis Yarmouth Regional HS
- Katie Graham, Woburn HS
- Jun Min Park, Groton-Dunstable Regional HS
- Davis Publications Media Category Awards – $25 each media
- Ceramics -Emily Adams, Falmouth HS
- Digital/Graphic – Hope Joyce, Cardinal Spellman HS
- Drawing – Parker Alderfer, West Boylston MHS
- Mixed Media – Sophia Adelstein, Falmouth HS
- Painting – Shuyu Zhang, Wayland HS
- Photography – Clara Harrington, Swampscott HS
- Printmaking – McKayla Caswell, Falmouth HS
- Sculpture – Samantha Skobeleff, Winthrop HS
Now that your student work has been juried into the MAEA Recognitions Exhibit, start planning when and where you will be dropping off your student’s work. Teachers around the state have volunteered to be a drop-off location during the week of January 14 -18. Check the link above for exact dates, times, locations, and contact information. You can also drop your work off directly to the State Transportation Building January 22, 26, and 30. Please remember to reach out to the teacher you will be dropping your work off to, so they know to expect you.
February 11 – March 27, 2019. The exhibit is open weekdays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. except Presidents’ Day.
Sunday March 3, 2019 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday March 3, 2019 2:00 p.m.