NAHS and NJAHS chapter sponsors are invited to submit their NAHS and NJAHS student work for the annual NAHS exhibit at Worcester Center for Crafts in conjunction with the 2022 MAEA conference The heART of the Commonwealth.
Show Dates and Location:
On view, Monday, November 7 – Sunday, November 13, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Worcester Center for Crafts, 25 Sagamore Rd, Worcester, MA 01605
Reception: Sunday, November 13 from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Students, their families and teachers are invited to attend; light refreshments will be served.
Gallery Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday, November 7 – Sunday, November 13, 2022.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, October 30, 2022 – Registration form can be found here.
Artwork Drop-off/Delivery Details:
- Work may be brought to one of these Drop off locations between October 17 – 21. * Note: Registration is open until October 30. You must register before bringing the work to one of these drop off locations.
- Work can be dropped off at the Worcester Center for Crafts October 31 – 4, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Work can also be mailed to the Worcester Center for Crafts to arrive October 31 – November 4.
MAEA will cover return postage for this exhibit.
The Mailing address is: Worcester Center for Crafts, Attn: NAHS Exhibit, 25 Sagamore Road, Worcester MA 01605
Consider volunteering to hang the exhibit and you can deliver work on Saturday, November 5 between 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Show Set Up & Take Down – Volunteers Needed!
Set Up: Saturday, November 5, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Take Down: Sunday, November 13, 5:00 p.m. at the close of the reception
If you are interested in assisting the committee in installing or uninstalling the show please email Rebecca Kostich (MAEA NAHS Representative) at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Complete the online registration form.
- Include all signed Artwork Release forms, attached to the back of each piece.
- A label should be affixed to the bottom right corner with the students name, grade, school, city/town, and teacher name. See example below:
Student’s Name, Grade
- We can only accept 2D work.
- Work should be no larger than 48″ in either direction with the mat or mount.
- Work should be mounted or matted – no frames, no glass.
- Canvas pieces do not have to be mounted or matted.
- Make sure there is a stiff cardboard backing to matted work to prevent it from warping when hung.
- The students name and school should be written on the back of each piece.
- The MAEA and Worcester Center for Crafts maintains the right not to exhibit work which is inappropriate for the venue. The exhibit space is a gallery space at the Worcester Center for Crafts in Worcester. MAEA will not be insuring the exhibit.
- Attach the Packing List form on the outside of your package(s).
A sheet of newsprint paper over the front protects most work.
- If you can pack the work in a portfolio, that is easiest, but if not, it would be best to stack larger pieces between two pieces of corrugated board, and tape the boards, or wrap in paper, and then tape. Please include your name and school on your portfolio, if you’d like it returned to you.
- Works on canvas should be individually wrapped. Don’t forget to protect corners.