NAHS and NJAHS chapter sponsors are invited to submit their NAHS and NJAHS student work for the annual NAHS exhibit Open Perspectives at Montserrat College of Art, in Beverly in conjunction with the 2019 MAEA conference New Perspectives in Art Education.
On view, Saturday November 8 – Monday, November 18, 2019.
Montserrat College of Art, 2nd Floor Hardie Building, 23 Essex Street, Beverly, MA 01915
Reception: Saturday, November 9, 2019 from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Students and their families are invited to attend; light refreshments will be served.
Registration Deadline: Friday November 1, 2019 – please note drop-off dates start before registration closes. If you register on November 1 you should plan to deliver work directly to Montserrat College of Art sometime the following week, or mail it in to be delivered by Tuesday November 5. Registration form can be found here.
Artwork Drop-off/Delivery Details:
We are working on finalizing drop off locations. The general date of drop-off options across the state will be Monday October 28 – Friday November 1. Please note you if you are able to deliver the work to Montserrat yourself, you can deliver it the following week by Wednesday November 6. Details for drop-off locations can be found here.
To make delivery easier, please note artwork can be mailed directly to Montserrat College of Art. Work should be received by Tuesday November 5, 2019. MAEA will cover return postage for this exhibit.
Montserrat College of Art Galleries
Attn: NAHS Exhibit
23 Essex Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- We will accept electronic submissions only.
- Complete the online registration form, including the proper label information for all the pieces you will be submitting.
- Include signed Artwork Release form, attached to the back of each piece.
- We can only accept 2D work.
- Work should be mounted or matted – no frames, no glass.
- Canvas pieces do not have to be mounted or matted.
- Work should be no larger than 26″ in either direction with the mat or mount.
- Please make sure there is a backing to matted work to protect it from tearing.
- Please make sure students name and school are written on the back of each piece.
- The MAEA and Montserrat College of Art maintains the right not to exhibit work which is inappropriate for the venue.
- The exhibit space is a gallery space at Montserrat College of Art in Beverly. MAEA will not be insuring the exhibit.
- Attach the Packing List form on the outside of your package(s).
- A sheet of newsprint paper over the front protects most work.
- If you can pack the work in a portfolio, that is easiest, but if not, it would be best to stack larger pieces between two pieces of corrugated board, and tape the boards, or wrap in paper, and then tape. Please include your name and school on your portfolio, if you’d like it returned to you.
- Works on canvas should be individually wrapped. Don’t forget to protect corners.
Show Set Up & Take Down – Volunteers Needed!
Set Up: Thursday November 7
Take Down: Tuesday, November 19
If you are interested in assisting the committee in installing or uninstalling the show please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.