|March 1, 2018
CALL FOR SUBMISSION OF ARTWORK
Art Educators of Massachusetts
MAEA Juried Exhibit
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 2
Monday, April 30 – Friday, June 8, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (Closed Holidays & Weekends)
Massachusetts State Transportation Building Atrium Gallery, 10 Park Plaza, Boston
Active and retired art educators working in Massachusetts are invited to submit their 2D and 3D artwork for the annual juried exhibit “Art Educators of Massachusetts.” The jury for the exhibit will be art teaching peers who are members of the Massachusetts Art Education Association Board.
Other Important Dates
Submission Deadline: Monday, April 2, 2018 5:00 p.m.
Acceptance Notification (via email): Friday, April 6, 2018
Artwork Drop Off: April 11 - 12 and April 23 - 25, 2018
Closing Reception: Friday, June 8 from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
* Artists should pick up their work at the conclusion of the closing reception or make prior arrangements with a drop-off site.
• We will accept electronic submissions only. Submissions should be completed with a two step process:
• Complete the online registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/cceknMIWMdx8Umn82
• Upload images of artwork to Dropbox:
• Label all image files as ArtistName.ArtworkNumber.Title.jpg. Please prepare all images as JPEGs with the print dimension 5" x 7" or larger. Image resolution must be 300 dpi. JPEGs must be at or under 3 MB.
• There is no submission fee for members of MAEA and a $20.00 submission fee for non-members. Submission fee should be paid at time of registration using PayPal or accompany work at time of drop-off. Paypal link below.
• Artists may submit digital images of no fewer than two artworks and no more than five artworks. 2D work can be represented by one image and 3D work can be represented by up to three images.
Additional Submission Guidelines
• Artwork previously exhibited with MAEA will not be considered for this exhibition.
• Details and dates of delivery and pick up of artwork will be included in the acceptance notification. All work must be delivered to and picked up at the exhibit site or at a regional drop-off site.
• We cannot accept submissions of artwork that exceeds four feet in any one direction or 30 lbs. in weight. All 2D artwork accepted for exhibition must be in “ready-to-hang.” All 3D work must likewise be exhibition ready.
• All 2D and 3D wall work must hang by wire attached from a hook secured in the exhibit wall channel. We do not nail or screw into the exhibit walls. All other 3D work will be exhibited under 3’x3’ plastic cubes which sit on large dark wood pedestals. Large sculptures will be exhibited on individual open pedestals surrounded by exhibit ropes.
• The exhibit space is a secure area of the Massachusetts State Transportation Building with 24 hour guards. MAEA will not be insuring the exhibit. Individual artists should insure their own work if appropriate and deemed necessary.
• The MAEA maintains the right to not exhibit work which is inappropriate for the venue or not consistent with the originally submitted digital image.
We hope many members of the MAEA will want to join us in this effort to showcase the visual artwork of educators from Massachusetts!
Not a member yet? Membership to the National Art Education Association includes a state membership to MAEA. Member benefits include discounted conference and convention tickets, free participation in many annual MAEA exhibition opportunities, free monthly NAEA webinars, free subscriptions to Art Education journal and NAEA News, complimentary ePortfolio provided by Digication, as well as many other benefits. For more information about joining the NAEA/MAEA, please visit: www.arteducators.org/community/become-a-member
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Non-members who wish to exhibit must pay a $20.00 fee.
Entry Fee Payment for NON-MEMBERS ONLY
Please submit entry form before using Paypal
Members' Exhibit 2017 | State Transportation Building
Boston, MA | March 2017
Join NAEA & MAEA!
Your NAEA membership automatically makes you a member of MAEA! Click here to go directly to NAEA's webpage for joining or renewing membership.
Please note: it will take a few days before we receive the new member list from NAEA - your log-in won't work for MAEA members until we receive that list.