Art Education: Shaping Human Potential
MAEA Fall Conference 2017 | Members Show
September 21, 2017
MAEA Members Exhibition: Changing Shape
MAEA Juried Exhibit
Active and retired art educators working in Massachusetts are invited to submit their 2D artwork for the annual juried exhibit Changing Shape.
The jury for the exhibit will be Alexis Kuhr, UMass Amherst
Art Department Chair.
Show Dates and Location:
Monday, November 6 – Saturday, November 18, 2017
Student Union Art Gallery, 326 Student Union, UMass Amherst, 01003
Submission Deadline Saturday, October 7, 2017
Acceptance Notification (via email) Sunday, October 15, 2017
Reception Saturday, November 11, 2017 from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
We will accept electronic submissions only. Submissions should be completed with a two step
1. Complete the online registration form - click here.
• Artists may submit digital images of no fewer than two artworks and no more than five artworks.
2D work can be represented by one image and 3D work can be represented by up to three
Upload images of artwork to Dropbox - click here.
Label all image files as ArtistName.ArtworkNumber.Title.jpg. Please prepare all images as
JPEGs with the print dimension 5" x 7" or larger. Image resolution must be 300 dpi. JPEGs
must be at or under 3 MB.
Additional Submission Guidelines
• Details and dates of delivery (10/23-10/27 and/or 10/30-11/3) and pick up (11/19 and 11/27-12/1)
of artwork will be included in the acceptance notification. All work must be delivered to and picked up at a drop off location or at the exhibit site.
• We cannot accept submissions of artwork that exceeds three feet in any one direction or 30 lbs. in weight.
• All artwork accepted for exhibition must be 2D or low relief and ready to hang with wire on the back.
• The MAEA maintains the right to not exhibit work which is inappropriate for the venue or not
consistent with the originally submitted digital image.
• The exhibit space is a gallery space at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. MAEA will not be insuring the exhibit. Individual artists should insure their own work if appropriate and deemed necessary.
Monday - Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Friday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday November 11, 4:30 - 7:30 p.m., Sunday November 12, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Show Set Up & Take Down - Volunteers Needed!
Set Up: Sunday, November 5, 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Take Down: Sunday, November 19, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
If you are interested in assisting the committee sign up here - click here.
We hope many members of the MAEA will want to join us in this effort to showcase the visual artwork of art educators from Massachusetts!
Not a member yet? Membership to the National Art Education Association includes a state
membership to MAEA. Member benefits include discounted conference and convention tickets, free
participation in many annual MAEA exhibition opportunities, free monthly NAEA webinars, free
subscriptions to Art Education journal and NAEA News, complimentary ePortfolio provided by
Digication, as well as many other benefits. For more information about joining the NAEA/MAEA,
please visit: www.arteducators.org/community/become-a-member
Artwork Release Form - click here