|Early Childhood Education
May 16, 2018
Creative Wonderings: The Process of Imagination in ECE
June 25 - September 7, 2018
Call for Submission of Artwork
Massachusetts Art Education Association
“Creative Wonderings: The Process of Imagination in Early Childhood Education”
MAEA Early Childhood Education Exhibition
Monday, June 25 – Friday, September 7, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (Closed Holidays & Weekends)
Massachusetts State Transportation Building, 10 Park Place, Boston
MAEA is thrilled to announce our first early childhood exhibition. Art is an essential language for the development of young children that promotes cognitive, creative, social, and physical development. The exhibit will highlight the process of making art with young children ages birth to 6 years old and the significance of visual arts in child development. The process of inquiry and discovery are essential in the development and creation of art and this exhibition will highlight the wonder and importance for young children.
“Creative Wonderings” comes at an important time for Early Childhood Education in Massachusetts. This summer and fall the North American Reggio Emilia Alliance, the Boston Area Reggio Inspired Group and Boston University will be hosting the Wonder of Learning Exhibit and conference.
REGISTRATION AND PAYPAL - scroll down
Other Important Dates
Intent to Submit Deadline: Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Delivery of Work: June 18 - June 23, 2018 - Please note the work needs to be delivered by 10:00 a.m. on June 23
Show Install: Saturday, Saturday, June 23, 2018 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Show Take Down: Saturday, September 8, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
• Complete the online registration form, including the proper label information for all the pieces you will be submitting.
• There is no submission fee for members of MAEA and a $15 submission fee for non-members. Submission fee should be paid at time of registration using PayPal or accompany work at time of drop-off.
• You must submit at least 3 and up to 10 student artworks for exhibition.
Documentation of Art Activity:
Artwork should be accompanied by some documentation of the child’s process. A template example will be sent to you upon registration.
• Documentation of students' process should be included with artwork and must be mounted on a solid color foam core or mat board.
• Please include at least 3 images of the process of children engaging in the art making. Group projects or investigations as well as children's individual artworks are encouraged.
• Include a brief description of the process of the activity and relevance to the child's development.
Additional Submission Guidelines
• Details for drop-off/delivery and pick up of artwork will be included in the acceptance notification. Artwork can also be mailed to the State Transportation Building at MAEA, Suite 2180 - C/O DCAMM, 10 Park Plaza - State Transportation Building, Boston, MA 02116. Please include return postage if mailing work.
• We cannot accept artwork that is not matted or mounted, or exceeds 24” X 36” (matted or mounted). Work should not include any wires or hooks, as the exhibition committee will prepare the work for hanging.
• Three dimensional work under 24” tall will be displayed on a covered pedestal. Large three dimensional work will be displayed behind a partition.
• The required exhibit release form must be attached to the back of each work.
• Any photographs included in process documentation must be accompanied by a signed Photograph Release Form.
• Please note the Massachusetts Art Education Association and the management of the State Transportation Building reserve the right and ability to not exhibit work which is inconsistent with the public venue.
• Volunteer to help hang the exhibit: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/60B0949ADA62EA6F58-exhibit1
Not a member yet, but want to exhibit your or your students’ work? Membership to the National Art Education Association includes a state membership to MAEA. Member benefits include discounted conference and convention tickets, free participation in many annual MAEA exhibition opportunities, free monthly NAEA webinars, free subscriptions to Art Education journal and NAEA News, complimentary ePortfolio provided by Digication, as well as many other benefits. For more information about joining the NAEA/MAEA, please visit: www.arteducators.org/community/become-a-member
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TEACHER REGISTRATION FORM | PAYPAL LINK
Registration is free for MAEA members | Non-members pay $15
Non-members who wish to exhibit must pay a $15.00 fee.
Entry Fee Payment for NON-MEMBERS ONLY
Please submit entry form before using Paypal
EARLY CHILDHOOD EXHIBITION 2018 | State Transportation Building
• Student release form
• Photo release form
• Directions and parking information for the State Transportation Building - click here